Lantern


It takes me a very long time to figure out how does the laser cutting machine work. Even though the final result is still rough, I am very proud of myself to finish my work.


I use Photoshop to deal with the pattern. I initially downloaded a box templet and changes the design inside it.
However, this shop staff told me this pattern is not a vector pattern, so I have to transfer the format online.


At first, the mat board I choose is too thick, so the machine can not cut through the board. Also, the pattern is so complicated that I spend so much time waiting for it.

So, I change my pattern and make the line is lesser than 0.1 mm.


The matboard shifts a little bit while the machine is working. And, for somewhat reason, the pattern is double lined, which intensifies the machine's working time. There fore, some delicate part can not be fully shown in the final, and the matboard is not that match each other.


I use a glue gun, in the end, to help me assemble this box.


Here is the final result with a candle lighting up inside it. The shadow looks beautiful in my dorm. It will definitely look better if I have time to try different materials to make this box and handle the pattern well.

Comments

Popular Posts