Wood Fish




I think the fish looks so good on my desk, especially when I put it in front of a package with a seagrass pattern.

The material I need is elementary. I only need wood blicks and pens.


First, I use a pencil to draw the central line on the wood blick.



















Then, I use the cutting machine to cut out the contour of the fish.

















Next, sanding the fish. I make use of both the machine and sanding paper. The fishtail is a little bit harder to polish than its body. ( Undoubtedly, sanding the fish is the most time-consuming work for this assignment.)












Here are the five fish I have finished......Lastly, I draw their faces with markers and fill color with watercolor. 
Ps: I should draw the watercolor first and then use makers to depict the contour because the watercolor will fade out the ink of makers.

Comments

  1. Nice work, they look great. I really like the paint job.
    Was the fish tail cut on the bandsaw as well?
    Did you use a jig for sanding? Hard to tell from your picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I use the edge of the sanding machine to eat out the fish tail, and then I polish this part with sanding paper.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts